Maths tutors required for 1:1 tuition roles across Derby and Derbyshire
- Competitive rates of pay (£15 - £25 per hour)
- Ongoing CPD opportunities including Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Child Protection
- Rewarding opportunity to see students make progress academically and socially
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified teacher to deliver intensive numeracy interventions at KS3 and KS4 (age 11- 16) on a part-time basis with Looked After Children and those who have been excluded from mainstream education.
This is a unique opportunity to have a timetable built around your requirements and availability however,with a likelihood of working up to 4 hours per day.
The primary focus of this post will be to:
• Conduct baseline assessments to gauge students numeracy levels
• Build rigorous numeracy support packages for individual and groups of mixed ability students
• Deliver intensive KS3/KS4 numeracy sessions targeting areas of development
• Support students to make better than expected progress
• Track students progress using a range of methods
We are able to consider a variety of experiences for this post such as those who are:
• KS2 specialists
• Middle school teachers
• Maths teacher
• Intervention tutors (QTS)
However, all applicants must have extensive experience of raising attainment and be able to evidence examples of prior work. In addition to this, you must have attainable employment references and have a valid DBS certificate registered with the update service (or be willing to obtain one).