Autism Teaching Assistant required at Chesterfield Primary to support from FS - KS2
- Autism experienced TA - Makaton & PEC's would be beneficial
- Work across Key Stages Early years - KS2
- Work for the country's largest Educational recruitment agency with over 20 years experience
This Primary school in Chesterfield is looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to join their staff as soon as possible.
As an SEN Teaching Assistant, you can expect to work within SEN departments to provide one-to-one support across EY- KS2 to children on the Autistic Spectrum. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
•Work alongside other teaching staff to design and implement children's IEPs
•Prepare appropriate resources and teaching materials that allow pupils to access the national curriculum
•Assess and monitor the pupils progress and development
•Promote inclusion, manage behaviour and create a positive learning environment both in and out of the classroom
Successful candidates will be patient and flexible with previous experience of supporting children with Autism, ideally within a primary school environment. A working knowledge of PECs and Makaton will be an advantage.
Teaching Personnel are the country's largest educational recruitment agency with over 20 years experience providing Teaching & Support staff to schools.
Working for us you will have access to the following;
- CPD such as Read, Write Inc Phonics training and Team Teach behaviour management training
- On line diary allowing you to easily up date us on your availability
- Schools authorise your timesheets on line
- Your own personal recruitment consultant
- Access to many schools across the region due to our exclusive agreements with schools including those judged outstanding.
All applicants to Teaching Personnel are subject to two reference checks