Speech, Language and Communication Needs – Teaching Assistant
- Experience working with students with SLCN prior to application for teacher training programme
- Attractive daily pay rate dependant on experience and skill set.
- Graded good school in Bury with an excellent EYFS and KS1 provision.
Are you a learning support assistant who has experience supporting students with Speech, Language and Communication Needs? Are you a graduate looking to gain more experience in this field with the aim to securing a permanent role?
Our client school in Bury are in urgent need of a speech and language graduate to work in the EYFS and KS1.This is a very flexible role working at a couple of schools with students with communication difficulties including those who may be non-verbal. The school are looking to trial suitable candidates immediately and will be accommodating in arranging suitable days. The successful candidate will work with groups of children with speech and language needs supporting their progress and feeding back how the children have done to the class teacher.
The successful candidate will benefit from;
* Experience working with students with SLCN prior to application for teacher training programme
* Graded good school in Bury with an excellent EYFS and KS1 provision.
* Attractive daily pay rate dependant on experience and skill set.
Our client school is a 2 form entry primary school on the border of Radcliffe and Bury. The school is easily accessible from Manchester and Bury with excellent bus links and close to the M60. The school has an excellent EYFS provision for the children and the role will involve working in small groups and 1:1 identifying and supporting children with speech and language needs.
Due to the particular specialist skills required in this position, previous experience or qualifications are an essential. Candidates who have worked in a school setting with pupils with hearing impairments or communication difficulties are strongly encouraged to apply as these skills will be very relevant to the role.
To register your interest, please apply via the link below and send a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 0161 242 1790 for more information.