English Tutors required for part time roles - Graduates and Teachers required!
- Competitive rates of pay (between £15 - £25 per hour)
- Ongoing CPD available including Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Prevent/Child protection
- Flexible working hours (sessional work)
Are you a recent graduate of English looking for a route in to education, OR a teacher looking to work as a part time tutor?
If so, we are working on behalf of a client in the Derbyshire area (the whole Derbyshire region) who require English specialists to tutor Looked After Children in the community and in Derbyshire schools.
Some of these students may have been recently excluded from schools or they may be new to the care system, which subsequently may cause emotional difficulties for the students. The role will entail supporting students at KS3 through to KS4 delivering basic literacy skills and GCSE English catch up and booster sessions for underachieving students.
The main elements of the job:
• Supporting Looked After Children aged 11 – 16 one to one both in schools and out in the community.
• Basic Literacy skills to GCSE English language & literature
• Breaking down students barriers to education
• Developing confidence, self-esteem & desire to achieve in students
What do you need to be considered?
• A positive and nurturing approach to working, with a genuine desire to see students succeed in their education!
• Be a graduate of English or a Fully Qualified Teacher with English experience
• Have gained some experience working with children, either paid or voluntarily and understand the challenges but likewise, the rewards that can be experienced working with these age groups.
For further information, please contact Emma Gale on 0115 8456405 or email your CV through to me directly.