Independent SEN School looking for SEN Teaching Assistant – Southend
- Long term full time role with potential to go permanent
- Specialist SEN School with supportive staff
- Training will be provided for the right candidate
A wonderful independent SEN School in Southend are looking for a Special Education Need (SEN) Teaching Assistant for a long term and full time role. The school are looking for teaching assistant who will be flexible, adaptable and some one who is passionate and hungry to get involved supporting SEN pupils.
About the School
The School is a designated Community Special School for up to 77 students aged 14-19 with a range of complex needs: severe learning difficulties (SLD) and profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), neurological impairments, complex physical and medical difficulties ,alongside students with moderate learning difficulties, who may need additional social and emotional support before transferring to local colleges at post 19.
About the Role
• This is a full time long term position to start immediately
• The role is to support SEN pupils across the school and may require 1-1
• There will be wheel chair hoisting and personal care (toileting and changing nappies)
The ideal Candidate
• Moving Handling experience and or training is beneficial
• Experience with PMLD, complex, medical and severe learning difficulties is beneficial
• Candidates with experience as a residential support worker, health care worker, nursing, carer or along these lines of work will also be considered.
• Need to be able to commit long term and full time (5 days a week) role with potential to go permanent
• Able to provide all the correct vetting documents – full support and guidance will be given
If you interested and looking for work with SEN pupils or are interested in a similar role within working in school and education, then please send an updated CV to Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chelmsford branch on 01245 206760