Accessibility Links

Teaching Personnel (Support Worker)

This vacancy has now expired.

Job description

We are looking to recruit teaching assistants to work flexibly in our SEN schools, supporting students with a mixture of SEN (Autism, Downs Syndrome/ PMLD/ SLD) to learn key skills and core subjects to help them gain as much independence as possible.

Preparing to leave school can be daunting, and even more so if you have special educational needs. However, by being supported by motivating, caring and enthusiastic staff with multiple skills, students can feel more confident and prepared to face independence.
Teaching Assistants are expected to be a source of support and reliability to the students, making them feel secure whilst learning and patient to deal with any specific needs they may have. This role is suitable for someone who has a passion for children and helping them gain the best education, willing to take on a number of different situations and responsibilities and who always strives to work hard and do the best they can by the person they are supporting.

Experience supporting people with learning disabilities in a care or support setting is ideal, or experience within a school, however we also consider personal experience and qualifications which are relevant.

Working through Teaching Personnel offers access to working in a number of PSA schools, opportunity to gain experience without qualification and consistent support from Consultants who will actively work to seek contracts for you which fit your timetable.

When working in schools, safeguarding policies are absolutely essential and must be understood and followed by all staff, ensuring everyone is familiar with whistle blowing and how to report any issues. Any training you may already have in this area is a bonus however training courses can be undergone through Teaching Personnel for FREE, to further improve your knowledge and skill set of education, along with other courses which are available for a discounted fee.

Candidates must have an enhanced child only DBS on the update service, declare any comment on said DBS and not have any convictions relating to children. All candidates who have lived abroad for more than 6 months in the last 6 years MUST provide an overseas criminal record check from the country they resided in.

Please apply with your CV and cover letter for consideration.

Similar jobs