Co-ordinator of Functional Skills in Literacy For Two Terms
- Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
- To raise standards of learner attainment and achievement within the curriculum area; to monitor and support all learners
- To deliver high quality Literacy teaching, learning and assessment across the age / ability range.
The role of the Co-ordinator of Functional Skills – Literacy is important in ensuring that the School and College meet the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all Learners. The school aims to work on a ‘team approach’ but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post:
Teaching and Learning
• Delivering high quality Literacy lessons across the age / ability range.
• To plan and prepare appropriate schemes of work and resources in the subject area
which meet the requirements of learners and agreed programmes of accreditation.
• To set and monitor subject targets for Literacy which support learner progress.
Monitoring and Assessment
• To complete initial baseline assessments for learners in Literacy, identifying appropriate levels of qualifications / programmes for them to follow.
• To complete additional assessments as required that demonstrate progress in Literacy.
• To use organisational MIS (e.g. Databridge) to verify correct information held for Literacy qualifications taught for all learners.
• To use organisational MIS (e.g. Databridge) to monitor both subject and core ILP targets for all learners taught.
• To use relevant databases or spreadsheets to collate learner assessment data for Literacy, e.g. Learner Assessment Data spreadsheet.
• To maintain portfolios of learner work to evidence achievement including for moderation and verification purposes.
• Contributing to self-evaluation processes by evaluating Literacy provision at St John’s and the impact they have on learner progress.
• Developing an annual curriculum Improvement Plan for Literacy.
If this is the position for you, please call me on the number below or send me your CV.