Autism Specialist Secondary Teacher Required in Newcastle
- Do you have strong SEN and Autism Experience?
- Are you looking for a Long Term placement in Newcastle?
- Do you have proven success working within ASC Secondary years?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Secondary Teacher with strong SEN and Autism experience in Newcastle. This role is for a full time position and will commence after October half term and continue potentially until the end of the summer term. You must be a Fully Qualified Teacher; however NQT’s are also welcome to apply.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- An understanding and know-how of working with children with Autism
- Excellent procedure within the classroom with the capability to motivate and engage pupils
- An emotionally secure, resilient manner with a great sense of humour
- Proven SEN and ASC experience in a specialist school
- Experience working within Secondary year and successful classroom management
- Excellent organisational, planning, preparation and assessment skills
- A desire and enthusiasm to work with children, especially those with SEN
- Ability to create appropriate activities designed for various levels to aid childrens learning
- Patient and understanding nature to those who may display challenging behaviour
- Ability to liaise proficiently with parents and other professionals
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure (Child Workforce Only) via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).