Teaching Assistant required for specialist Phonics Intervention support at Key Stage 1
- Long-term positions available throughout Lancashire
- Qualifications and experience in a similar role is required
- Knowledge and experience using similar Phonics Schemes
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a number of Primary Schools throughout Lancashire who are benefiting from specialist Intervention Support. We are seeking qualified and experienced Teaching Assistants to undertake positions in mainstream Primary Schools supporting the Class Teacher with the delivery of Phonics Schemes, Literacy support & Guided Reading. Positions arise supporting the whole class in addition to small group and 1:1 support.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- CACHE Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification (or equivalent)
- Minimum grade C in English & Maths at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Experience using Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics or Read Write Inc. Phonics schemes
- Experience with Guided Reading and writing support
- Experience supporting children between 4-11
- Experience supporting children with speech language & communication needs
Teaching Personnel are working with a wide range of schools throughout the region that have diverse needs. We support schools in areas of deprivation with high percentage of Pupil Premium Funding, EAL and additional needs. We also support Gifted & Talented children in ‘Outstanding’ schools in more rural locations as well as mixed ability, multi-cultural Primary Schools across the whole region.
I urge all Teaching Assistants interested in this position to please get in touch! Either give me a call on 01772 842 155 or e-mail me; Scott.Wilkinson@teachingpersonnel.com - In addition you can view all our current vacancies and register with ourselves online at http://www.teachingpersonnel.com/register
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts must have an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Certificate or be eligible to apply for one via the Criminal Records Bureau - Full assistance provided. (agy)