SEN TA required in Godalming to work with pupils with Autism
- • Full training offered
- • Flexible working hours
- • Lovely SEN school with great career progression
At Teaching Personnel, we are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistants in the Godalming area, who have previously worked with pupils with Special Educational Needs, in particular pupils with Autism.
The school is looking for Teaching Assistants to work with Primary and/or Secondary Pupil with Autism 1:1 and in small groups.
• Outstanding OFSTED 2015/2016
• Competitive rates of pay
• All pupils have access to a highly qualified Speech and Language Therapist.
• Less than a mile from the main train line
• Situated in 56 acres of woodlands
The position would be a challenging but highly rewarding. Particular personal or professional experience of supporting individuals with Autism is highly desirable.
• Familiar using either PEC’S, Makaton or BSL.
• Trained in Team Teach (Desired but not essential)
• Confident working with children 1:1 or small groups
• Hands on and not afraid to get stuck in
We require candidates to apply who are passionate in assisting children with Autism to access the curriculum. The school is particularly keen to have candidates who are proactive, empathetic, engaging and creative.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply if have experience working with children and adults with Special Educational Needs.
Should you require any additional information about this exciting opportunity or indeed to apply for the position, please contact your SEN specialist consultant Nicole Totterdell on 01189071531 or by email at nicole.totterdell@teachingpersonnel .com