Pastoral Care Assistant required for an SEN school in Wheatley
- CPD Opportunities
- Competitive rates
- Contact Yasmine on 01189 071 532
You are going to share in creating a purposeful, caring, learning environment for children by the application of high professional standards of pastoral care and support for children’s emotional and/or behavioural needs, and learning difficulties
• Assist in the induction of newly-admitted pupils
• Assist in the assessment of pupil needs, through an initial baseline of needs which is established on entry to the school, reviewed on a regular basis, and modified as required
• Assist with the implementation, monitoring and review of programmes designed to aid individual pupils’ social and academic development
• Take every step necessary to ensure that our children and young people are protected from neglect, abuse and exploitation.
• Ensure that all children and young people are treated with dignity and respect, in an environment which reflects the importance of and their right to be treated as valuable worthwhile individuals
• Liaise effectively with outside partners (parents, placing agencies etc) as necessary, including attendance at Reviews and home visits, where appropriate
• Undertaking activities with either individuals or small groups of children in order to facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development
• Where deemed necessary by the Pastoral Care Manager - To support class teachers by assisting in classroom management and by providing basic supervision and day care skills in relation to pupils
• To escort children from and to home, to liaise closely with parents, encouraging a partnership in the personal, educational and social and emotional development of the child
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to posts through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) application form.