ASC Teaching Assistant, Manchester M16.
- Opportunity to secure a school based contract
- Work in a "GOOD" school
- Work with some "OUTSTANDING" Early Years practitioners
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a “GOOD” client school in Manchester, M16. The school are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a child 5 days a week. This is an opportunity to work in a fantastic EYFS department where OFSTED states “Children get off to a good start in the Nursery with good attention given not only to developing skills in reading, writing and mathematics but also to children’s personal development”. The incoming teaching assistant will ideally have experience of working within an EYFS department and good knowledge of continuous provision and outdoor play.
The role is to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in Nursery. The child has the following additional needs:
• Non-Verbal ASC
• Struggles with social interaction
• Can be aggressive towards other class members when she doesn’t get her own way
The ideal Candidate will be:
• Strong and firm individual who can set clear boundaries
• Someone who can support on a 1:1 basis
• Has experience of dealing with ASC
• Experience of using PECs is highly desirable
This is a “GOOD” school with excellent support networks in place and a new forward thinking head teacher. There is an opportunity for a permanent appointment if positive relationships are formed with the pupil as this position will continue if the pupil moves up the school.
If you think you are the right person for this job then forward your CV onto email@example.com or call the Manchester South Primary branch on 0161 242 1792.