Behaviour Mentor Needed in Hastings Area
- Work within a great school with amazing support
- Competitive rates of pay
- A dedicated consultant catering to your needs
Do you currently want to kick-start your career in education but don’t have the relevant qualifications or experience?
Teaching Personnel are currently searching for a teaching assistant to become a role model and mentor to primary school students.
We at Teaching Personnel offer a personalised tutoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment. We call these our intervention programmes and each of these has been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. As a behaviour mentor, your role will be helping challenging students overcome their behavioural issues by giving them someone to look up to.
Behaviour Buddies work on a half/full day basis, one-to-five days a week for at least half a term. We match your availability with tutoring positions, giving you a truly flexible role!
Behaviour Mentor responsibilities include:
• To establish productive working relationships with pupils, encouraging and motivating them.
• Raising achievement by providing a specialist service that assists schools in meeting their targets and obligations.
• Being a friend to students with behavioural issues, giving them someone to confide in and trust.
• To challenge and motivate pupils, promoting and reinforcing self esteem alongside providing levels of individual pastoral support.
• Great chance for career progression and the chance to get some experience before doing a PGCE.
• The opportunity to be an inspirational role model and mentor to a disadvantaged young person.
• Continuing professional development courses such as Team Teach.
The right candidate will be someone who is passionate about making a difference in children’s lives. Any of the following skills or qualities is highly desirable:
- Degree Educated - Construction
- Ex-Army - Police Cadets
- Team Teach - Youth workers