Year 2 Intervention Teacher needed
- Make a difference a help raise attainment
- Opportunity to work with small groups carrying out intervention
- Excellent leadership and support team
Teaching Personnel is one of the fastest growing Teacher Recruitment Agencies in the UK. We are currently working on behalf of a primary school in Newcastle who is looking for a Year 2 teacher to work with small groups carrying out Intervention for SATs . This is a part-time temporary post for2- 3 days per week starting ASAP. This role will include team teaching as well as providing additional support for students in a small group setting identifying and targeting areas of literacy that need improvement. Previous experience working as a Literacy specialist is advantageous but not essential. There is a high percentage of EAL students within the school and preparation for SATs is the main objective of the role.
This Primary School is set within a deprived area of Newcastle with a high proportion of disadvantaged children. Behaviour can be challenging however there is a clear behaviour policy in place that is well supported by the Senior Leadership Team. This is an opportunity to make a difference where it matters. You will be joining a compassionate and committed team.
• Must hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
• Recent and up to date experience teaching in KS1 with excellent knowledge of the curriculum and SATs
• Confident communicator, who is able to form positive relationships with all school staff
• Experience working with EAL students is an advantage
• Have a proven record in raising attainment
• Competitive rates of pay
• Working alongside outstanding and enthusiastic practitioners
• Access to a range of Teaching Personnel CPD Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be required to undergo an Enhanced CRB check.
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY)