Well-Qualified SEN Teaching Assistant required for immediate start-onwards role at School Near Highbury and Islington Underground Station
- Excellent opportunity for professional development - SEN Dept. well funded by Islington Council
- Competitively paid - Full Time/Long Term Role
- School located only a 5 minute walk from Highbury and Islington Underground station
An SEN unit within a large secondary school near Highbury & Islington Station is seeking to appoint an experienced and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant to provide 121 and small group support to pupils with a range of SEN on a full time basis.
The schools itself was recently graded as ‘good’ by Ofsted, and its mission statement is to provide the highest possible standard of education for all their students – both within the main school and in the SEN unit. They are looking for the right candidate to help implement their ethos to the highest possible standard.
• 1350 students, almost 200 within SEN department
• SEN department currently has 23 LSAs, 3 HLTAs and is supervised by ‘outstanding’ leadership
• The SEN department, due to its size, receives considerable funding from Islington Council for CPD training – which will be fully available for the successful candidate
• Very well-resourced department, offering excellent provision to all types of SEN
• Must have experience of working with secondary-age SEN pupils across the board
• Must hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or similar
• Team Teach, Makaton, BSL Training or other CPD qualifications are all desirable
• Must be available full time, and committed to working from 8am – 3pm Monday – Friday
• You will be working 121 with non-verbal autism students, so experience of this is particularly key
The school is looking to arrange trial days for successful candidates with the view to start as soon as possible
If you feel you match the criteria for the role please do not hesitate to contact Sid at London North Secondary on 0207 593 3073 and send your CV across to email@example.com.