Teaching Assistant, Liverpool
- Do you have previous experience working with children or adults with SEMH?
- Looking for a permanent contract?
- Are you available immediately?
Teaching Personnel are actively seeking for Learning Support Assistants to work with students in an alternative provision setting to begin ASAP.
Our client provides short-term full-time education for boys and girls who are at risk of exclusion or who have been excluded from their mainstream schools based in South Liverpool. The unit admits students from all areas of the city and some travel independently for over an hour on public transport to attend. Most students stay for a period of around three months and then either return to mainstream schools or move on to special schools following the unit’s assessments of their needs. All students are considered to have special educational needs during their stay but rarely do any have a statement of special educational needs.
As a Teaching Assistant in this unit you will support young people with their learning activities in the classroom and work closely with teachers to make sure students enjoy learning in a safe and caring setting.
Your job may include:
• Getting the classroom ready for lessons
• Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
• Supervising group activities
• Helping with outings and sports events
• Taking part in training
• Carrying out administrative tasks. (e.g. calling parents, completing morning registers).
• You would also assess record and report on the progress of young people you work with.
Working hours will be 8:00am to 2:30pm.
To apply for this excellent teaching opportunity, please email your CV/cover note to email@example.com
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY).