SEMH School Requires Learning Mentors
- Are you experienced in working with vulnerable pupils?
- Seeking work in a challenging setting?
- If so apply...
Teaching Personnel are working with a school for students aged 11-16 who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. All of the students have Education, Health and Social Care plans or are being assessed to see if they need one. Many of the pupils come to us having had negative experiences in life and at school. The aim is to support boys and girls to achieve their potential, both socially and academically.
The school is located in Stretford, Trafford very close to motor way and other great for public transport.
• To provide an education which places importance on the development of the whole person - academically, emotionally and socially
• To provide an environment where each student is encouraged to develop to the full extent of their ability. Where each person is valued and is made aware that they have the potential to make a positive contribution to the school. To help every learner to build a good self image
• To provide interesting and engaging learning opportunities designed to promote the basic skills of communication, language, literacy and numeracy opening the gateway to academic and vocational qualifications
The school seek confident learning mentors.
The learning mentors provide support and guidance to help school pupils who are experiencing difficulties in learning due to social, emotional or behavioral problems. Learning mentors help pupils overcome behavioral, social or emotional problems that are affecting their learning.
If you feel you have these qualities you need to call Niall from the Manchester SEN Branch on 0161 242 1795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org