KS1 Teaching Assistant required for 1:1 part time intervention role!
- CPD available including Team Teach, Safeguarding and Autism Awareness
- Competitive rates of pay
- Exciting opportunity with flexible working hours
Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to work 1:1 with a Year 1 Looked After student in the central Derby area for 3 hours per day (flexible working hours).
We are looking for a tutor to support this student, assisting with cross-curricular lessons and also implementing pastoral support to help re-engage him within the education system. Initially this will be in the foster home/local library but the successful candidate will also be expected to support with his transition into a mainstream school when he is ready.
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
• Hold a Level 3 NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, with ideally a minimum of 1 years experience
• A confident Teaching Assistant with experience delivering/implementing specific interventions either on a 1:1 basis or in small groups
• Knowledgeable and experienced working within the EYFS/KS1 curriculum
• Confident to work on a 1:1 basis with a student who is very disengaged from education, using innovative measures and resources to re-engage him
• Able to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams including school staff and LAC officers to ensure that progress is tracked on a regular basis
• Someone who can act as a positive role model to help the student re-engage with her education.
• Someone who is able to boost self-esteem as well as help the student to make academic progress
• Able to plan weekly feedback reports sent to the schools and to Teaching Personnel
For additional information about this role, please contact Emma Gale on 0115 8456405 as soon as possible.