Support Staff needed asap in alternative education provision
- Do you have what it takes to work with challenging young people?
- Are you looking for an exciting an rewarding career that will challenge you?
- Are you available immediately?
We are currently working with an alternative provision in Southend who are looking a learning mentor to work with 5 students with SEMH, ADHD and challenging behaviour. They have missed a huge amount of education and a number of them are in care. The academic levels are very low, a nurture approach is needed but alongside boundaries and positive reinforcement. This role is not for the faint hearted, you will experience aggressive behaviour, abusive language and upsetting information. This will test you, however it is an extremely rewarding career for the right person. You must be patient and have a real passion for working with the young people of this background, achievement for this school is getting the students to attend and engage rather then for them progress from a B to an A grade. A good sense of humour is a must!
If this sounds like the kind of role for you then email Stacey at the Chelmsford branch at Teaching Personnel with your CV and cover letter. I would love to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have experience or feel confident in at least 3 of the following please get in touch.
• Youth/Community work experience
• SEN experience
• Residential support/care worker
• Criminology, Psychology, Drama, Music, Art, Sports Degree
• Sports coaching qualification or background
• Team Teach/ SKIP,CPI, MAPA physical intervention training
• Youth Offending Services
• Supporting NEET
• Challenging behaviour within an out of school setting
• Teaching/Learning support Assistance/ numeracy and literacy support
• Outgoing and fun personality wit ha good sense of humour
Our schools are looking for confident individuals who are passionate about making a difference to the vulnerable young people in their setting.