Great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant with experience working with profound and multiple learning difficulties
- Working with and caring for children with disabilities
- The opportunity to make a difference and help develop the pupils in their education
- Opportunity for Long Term positions
A day in the life of an SEN Teaching Assistant is never dull. Seeing children who may not have had the same opportunities as others achieve is beyond satisfying. Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Special School based in Loughborough which caters for children and young people with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, and Severe Learning Difficulties.
We are looking for extraordinary Teaching Assistants. As a successful candidate, you will have:
- essential experience of working with children with PMLD or SLD, whether this is within a residential setting or a school
- experience of supporting challenging young people and be able to adapt your behaviour management strategies to suit
- the capabilities of taking direction from the Class Teacher, but also be able to work using your own initiative
- a good level of numeracy and literacy skills to help students access the curriculum
- the ability to support on both a small group and one-to-one basis
- experience of working with other professionals
- experience in a care profession would be desirable as there may be personal care involved
At Teaching Personnel we take our responsibilities to you seriously; our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. There are a number of benefits that you will receive when working for Teaching Personnel including excellent rates of pay (paid weekly), a variety of day-to-day, long-term and permanent positions, access to free online CPD training, and a recommend a friend scheme with £50 bonus (terms and conditions apply). Additionally, you will have the support of a dedicated permanent specialist SEN consultant committed to helping you develop your career prospects.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS- Full assistance provided (AGY).