English Graduate Required in Chorlton, M21 Primary School - September 2016 start
- Excellent stepping stone into a career in teaching
- Great experience before beginning a PGCE in September 2017
- Full time position working across KS1 and KS2
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a client primary school in Chorlton, M21 who have an excellent position for an English graduate to start i September 2016. The school are looking to utilise your subject expertise by offering you the opportunity to support and provide extra help in both KS1 and KS2 Literacy and guided reading lessons. This role will be extremely valuable for an English graduate who is looking to peruse a career in teaching in the future. It would be an advantage if you have previous experience working as a teaching assistant in primary schools, however this is not essential.
As you become more confidence and comfortable within the classroom setting, you will have the opportunity to deliver small literacy booster sessions. You will be expected to plan lessons that stretch the gifted and talented pupils but also making sure the lower ability pupils are able to achieve and understand the context every activity.
Highlights of the role:
• Full Time teaching assistant position.
• Small group English intervention work with KS1 and KS2 children.
• Working alongside a supportive, friendly staff and school support network.
• Ideal opportunity to develop your knowledge of the national curriculum in core subjects.
Located in Chorlton, M21 this is an Ofsted “Good” school and does its very best to make sure every pupil is being provided with a wide range of opportunities to academically grow and reach their full potential. As a teaching assistant, you will be offered vast amounts of support from both classroom teachers and the senior leadership team and made to feel a valuable member of staff.
Any English graduates interested in working as a teaching assistant and wishing to apply for this position, please send you CV to email@example.com or call the Manchester South Primary Branch of Teaching Personnel on: 0161 242 1792 for more information.