English Teacher Oldham
- £110 - £165 per day on supply initially
- Full time English teaching post from January with possibility of permanent contract
- Above average number of students making expected progress in English, 2015/16
Temporary to permanent post for an English teacher in a large Oldham secondary school, starting from January on a full time basis.
“Due to a gap in our department, we have a post for an English teacher to join us initially on a temporary basis delivering English across Key Stages 3 and 4. We have a large and experienced English department and the incoming English teacher will be supported by our lead practitioner” Assistant Head
The incoming English teacher will be expected to take on department responsibility including planning, marking and assessing students then relaying the progress to the Head of Department. English is one of the flagship departments in the school, with an above average number of students making expected or better than progress in English throughout their time at the school.
- English teacher post in large secondary school in Oldham
- Supportive and collaborative English department with excellent results
- MPS contract, initially paid via supply (£22,467 - £33,160)
- Located close to tram line and excellent bus routes
The school is a large, well regarded secondary academy in Oldham, which is easily accessible via the M60 motorway from Manchester and surrounding areas. The school has seen a climb in recent years in attainment and pupil progress and the Principal and SLT have ensured there is a strong climate for learning. The incoming English teacher joining this school will need to be committed to the post and work closely with the department to ensure pupils are supported.
All English teachers wishing to apply will need to do so straight away for immediate interviews and trials, as the school are looking to confirm the English teacher start as soon as possible. Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com or call on 0161 242 1797.