Secondary Cover Supervisor Required in Liverpool / Wirral Area
- Be patient, calm and work well under pressure
- Performance related pay (£50-75 per day)
- Recognised competence in literacy and/or numeracy
Cover Supervisors are required to cover lessons during the short term absence of the normal teacher who will have set suitable work for the duration. At a very basic level the role of the Cover Supervisor is to supervise the class whilst they complete tasks set by the teacher. This requires no active teaching, marking, planning etc.
You will be expected to:
• Provide cover for morning registration
• Manage the behaviour of students effectively, putting an end to any unacceptable behaviour before it escalates
• Provide students with a positive learning environment so as to aid student progress
• Collect work at the end of the lesson and return it to the teacher’s pigeonhole, making note of those who worked well or caused problems within the lessons
On occasions when cover is light such as at the beginning of terms, Cover Supervisors may also be required to carry out the following tasks.
• Offer departments support, including help with displays
• Help with the supervision detention / exclusion rooms
• At specific times of the year help with the invigilation of exams
• Help with the support of individual students with SEN issues
To apply for this excellent teaching opportunity, please email your CV/cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS – Full assistance provided (AGY).