SEN Teaching Assistants - Didsbury, Manchester
- SEN Teaching Assistants - Didsbury, Manchester
- Opportunity to work within an OUTSTANDING school
- Previous experience working with pupils with SEN essential
A large Primary SEN school in Didsbury, Manchester requires a number of Teaching Assistants to work within both KS1 and KS2. The successful candidates will start on a temporary basis with the potential of becoming permanent.
This 'OUTSTANDING' school caters for children aged 2-11 who have a wide range of complex Special Educational Needs including SLD, PMLD, and ASC and social and communication difficulties.
It is essential for candidates to have -
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or level 2 equivalent in literacy and numeracy
• Previous experience in a teaching assistant or care environment
• Previous experience working with pupils with SEN/D
• Previous experience delivering personal care
• Experience working with children and young adults with multi sensory impairments and/or complex learning difficulties and disabilities
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
It is desireable for candidates to -
• be Team-Teach trained
• have experience working with Plevels
• have experience using alternative communication aids (e.g. PECS/ BSL)
Teaching Personnel offer an excellent range of CPD courses including Team-Teach, Autism Awareness and Read, Write, Inc. Phonics.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Alternatively, if you don't feel you meet the criteria for this role but would still wish to pursue a career in Education, please register your CV on our website www.teachingpersonnel.com .