Inclusion Support Worker required to support ASC Pupils in specialist provision in Leeds
- Experience supporting ASC Learners
- Comfortable providing personal care
- A genuine enthusiasm for supporting those with additional needs to access the curriculum
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a specialist SEN School in Leeds who are seeking an Inclusion Support Worker for a role working with pupils with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC). Our client is a diverse, highly aspirational and rapidly improving school. They have a vibrant and diverse 4-16 community, with a city wide intake of SEN Pupils that is committed to first-class teaching and achieving high standards across the whole curriculum.
It will be your role support ASC students to access the curriculum through delivering targeted 1:1 interventions and providing whole class support, duties will include:
• Establish good relationships with students, by presenting positive personal image and responding appropriately to individual needs
• Provide Personal Care for individual pupils
• Assist in the development and implementation of behaviour management strategies
• Monitor students’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
The ideal candidate will have experience working with young people with Special Educational Needs and will have a sound understanding of working with those with Autistic Spectrum Conditions who may also display challenging behaviour. A Team Teach or equivalent qualification would also be desirable.
Our client promotes traditional values of respect; while celebrating the school's diverse talents, abilities and cultures. They place a high value on care and nurture to enable all students to make good academic progress and grow into caring and independent young adults.
For more information on this role, please contact Rebecca Holden on 0113 224 0234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates applying to jobs through Teaching Personnel must undertake or have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS - Full assistance provided (AGY)