Experience Autism Support Staff in Barnsley
- Great pay ranging from £55 to £85 per day depending on experience
- CPD opportunities
- Full time work
Teaching Personnel are currently seek ASC support assistant to work on a 1 to 1 and small group basis with young people with autism. As a teaching assistant at the school you will be supported by a well resourced support team which includes psychologists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapist and support co-ordinators. As part of The National Autistic Society we can draw on the expertise within the Society and our fellow schools.
Here are a few things Ofsted said about the school:
• Staff training is a high priority.
• Students’ behavior, often associated with their complex needs, is managed very well.
• The ratio of staff-to-students is generous and this contributes to the success of the school.
• In addition to knowing much about autism, teachers and support staff know students well and establish good relationships and clear routines to support students’ learning.
In order to maintain our excellent staff to pupil ratio following the increase we have in pupil numbers, we are now looking for experience staff to join our dedicated and innovative team. You will be expected to work flexibly and be able to work in different departments of the school as our needs dictate.
What we can offer you:
• excellent induction, training and development programme including autism specific interventions
• 24 hour access to online training
• Competitive pay up to £85 per day
• access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counseling programme