Specialist SEN Teacher - Billingham
- Specialist school for children who have Autism
- Outstanding provision
- Convenient transport links, close to A19
Our partner school situated in Billingham is looking to expand their specialist team of staff from April.
This 'outstanding' provision caters for children and young people aged 11 to 16 who are on the autistic spectrum. They currently require an SEN teacher to work in their Secondary unit with children aged 11 to 16.
The role will involve working with children who are at different stages of the spectrum. Some of the children are non-verbal and therefore require a teacher who can communicate using alternative methods such as PECS.
To apply for this exciting position, you must -
* be familiar with the Secondary curriculum
* be able to teach at the lower levels
* have experience of working within a specialist school
* be able to commit to a long term position
* have, or be willing to apply for, a child and adult DBS
This role will continue for the remainder of the academic year and has the possibility of becoming permanent for the right person.
To work in this outstanding provision you must have a DBS that is checked for children and adults and is registered on the update service. Teaching Personnel are able to support you with the application for this.
If you feel you meet the criteria for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0191 2235073