Teachers required for specialist ASC School in South Derbyshire area!
- More than one long term opportunity available!
- Gain experience teaching in a specialist ASC provision!
- Ongoing CPD available including Team Teach and Autism Awareness Training
Teaching Personnel are looking for Fully Qualified Teachers with experience working within Special Educational Needs Schools.
We have a high demand for candidates in the Burton/Swadlincote area as we are working with an Independent School which specialises in catering for students with low functioning Autism.
If you have the following skills and experience you may be perfect for this school!
• Experience teaching in a special educational needs environment, particularly with children who are on the Autistic Spectrum
• Experienced managing challenging behaviour and implementing communication aids such as Makaton and PECS
• Experienced working with students who are predominantly working on P Levels
• Confident to teach whole classes and line manage Teaching Assistants accordingly.
• Confident to contribute to Individual Education Plans and Education, Health and Care Plans where necessary
• Be willing to get involved in extra-curricular activities including residential trips, staff meetings and more
• Experienced teaching cross-curricular subjects whilst also helping students to develop independence through vocational studies such as hygiene, cooking, shopping and budgeting.
• Calm and patient, nurturing personality
• Team Teach training or other equivalent behaviour management training
If you think you have the relevant skillset for this school, please contact Emma Gale immediately on 0115 8456409! We look forward to hearing from you.