Are you looking to gain more experience working with Autism??
- Flexible working patterns in a variety of SEN provisions!
- Gain experience working with Autism and other SEN!
- Competitive rates of pay!
We are looking for candidates to work in the South Derbyshire area within a small, new SEN school which caters for students on the Autistic spectrum.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Flexible and adaptable to work with a variety of needs and age ranges, as the school cater for students aged between 5-19 years old
• Experienced working with Autistic learners either in residential or school based settings
• Be confident to manage challenging behaviour, in particular for those students who have impaired communication abilities
• Be willing to get involved in team meetings to discuss the progress students (both academically and socially)
• Be willing to get involved in extra-curricular activities including regular trips out into the community to encourage social skills
• A positive role model for the students at all times, encouraging positive social behaviour and engagement within the curriculum
• Able to support both verbal and non-verbal students who may use additional communication aids such as Makaton and PECS
• Confident to differentiate the levels of support depending on the student’s needs and abilities, including those working on P Levels
To apply for this post, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible on 0115 8456405.