1:1 Support Assistant: Nurture
- Based in Welling, South East London (DA16)
- Competitive pay
- Sociable working hours
Do you want to kick-start your career in education but don’t have the relevant qualifications or experience?
We are currently looking for the right candidate to take part in our Nurture programme as a learning support assistant, supporting special education needs pupils with SEBD and MLD.
We at Teaching Personnel offer a personalised tutoring service to help schools increase pupil attainment. We call these our intervention programmes and each of these has been designed to help pupils reach their full potential. As part of the role you will engage disaffected children with low self esteem who may suffer with anger issues/or anxiety.
Learning support assistants work either on a one-to-one basis or in small groups, within the school or possibly during outdoor activities.
Learning support assistant responsibilities include:
• Bringing together the National Curriculum with a curriculum custom designed to address the emotional, social and behavioural needs of the children.
• Improving pupil’s social skills, self awareness, confidence and skills for learning.
• Creating a safe, warm and caring environment to enhance positive emotional and learning experiences.
• Excellent for career progression and great experience for those working towards your PGCE.
• Continuing professional development courses such as Team Teach and the NASEN Introduction to Special Educational
Needs and Disability & Effective Adult Learning Support.
• A chance to develop your communication skills and make a true difference in SEN children’s lives.
For the chance to kick start your career in education as well as work in a stimulating and rewarding environment, send your CV to email@example.com or call and 0207 593 3075 and speak to the team!