Support Assistant needed to work at a school in Doncaster
- Are you passionate about supporting children with SEN?
- Full time long term position with the aspiration of a permanent role
- CPD opportunities incl. Team Teach and Moving and Handling
We are looking for passionate teaching assistants who can help teaching staff by providing a variety of instructional tasks; supporting children with literacy/numeracy; working in small groups to help raise attainment; working 1:1 with children with special educational needs
Duties will include:
* Working with children who need additional support with their studies.
* Supporting Independent Learning Plans for specific children.
* Presents and reinforces concepts by helping students, individually and in groups, with lesson assignments.
* Evaluates students' progress along with Teachers and other members of staff.
* Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
In education, the SEN schools are looking for additional support for their pupils and many of these are in Doncaster and surrounding areas. As the new term looms, SEN schools will start to gain more and more referrals for additional pupils who require specialised support with education. These include ASC, PMLD, SEMH, MLD and SLD pupils and need 1:1 support in the classroom across the full curriculum. The ideal candidate would have great experience working with SEN pupils, or be very keen to start working in an SEN environment. We advise any potential individuals with Team Teach training, experience using PECs and Makaton, moving and handling and personal care to apply within. Please contact Sarah Franks on 0113 224 0234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached.