Maths teacher Manchester
- Work in a welcoming community school with excellent behaviour
- Full time post for a term, with opportunity to progress placement
- Excellent leadership from SLT and Mathematics faculty
North Manchester secondary school looking to appoint Maths teacher on temporary basis from September
Due to an expansion in their Mathematics department and the changes in the Maths curriculum, our client school are looking to appoint a Maths teacher from September, initially for the first term on a full time basis. The successful applicant will benefit from excellent support from the department, and there is a possibility this post will continue for the full academic year.
* Supply rate in line with MPS for first term (£110 - £165)
* North Manchester based, accessibla via M60 from Greater Manchester
* Pupil progress in Mathematics in line with national average
Our client school is a large 3-16 community school in Crumpsall, the primary phase in it’s third year since inception, which caters for a diverse catchment area in North Manchester, with the vast majority of students on roll from the local areas of Crumpsall and Blackley. Ofsted noted the inclusive and harmonious community feel in which students are respectful towards staff and one another, as well as a pride in their newly built school which has made a visible difference in the levels of attainment, progress and attendance. There has been a sharp up turn in the speed in which students are making progress, particularly in Mathematics at Key Stages 3 and 4, which is accredited to excellent leadership from SLT and middle-management. The school is supported by a national leader for education at another local school and the school meets the government’s current floor standards that set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress.
* PGCE in secondary Mathematics
* Previous experience teaching Maths to KS3 and GCSE
* The ability to build relationships with students and encourage participation in Maths
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 242 1794.