Graduate primary teacher
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Do you have a QTS in primary education? Are you looking for more classroom based experience before applying for a class teacher role? Would you like to work in a stretching yet rewarding environment?
Location: Central birmingham
Pay: competitive pay rates of £15.38- £19.23 an hour
Essential requirements: a Primary education QTS
Teaching Personnel are a leading provider of education staffing; we aim to make a difference everyday through staffing tutoring and supply. We are currenly loooking for qualified teachers to work as academic mentors and intervention staff in primary schools. Long term and short-term opportunities are available, ranging from one term to a full academic year, dependent on the schools needs and your commitments. This role would be perfect for someone who would like to utilise their degree without the commitment to large scale teaching.
As an academic mentor you will be:
- working in small groups or on a 1:1 basis, providing support and assistance to students with social, emotional, and mental health needs whilst supporting wiht their academic progress.
- You will need to provide guidance and encouragement to students with special educational needs.
- The successful candidate will attend regular meetings to track the students’ academic, emotional, and social progress.
- Maintaining a positive working environment is essential to the attainment of the students, therefore the ideal candidate will adopt a positive and confident approach to mentoring.
Additional requirements for this role:
- A clear and up-to-date DBS (Teaching Personnel can support)
- Committed and confident
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with students and school staff
- Experience working with SEND/youth support
- Behaviour management experience
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW or contact us directly with a copy of your CV and one of our specialist consultants will be in touch.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
When you worked as a teacher, you may have looked forward to retirement, as it meant having more time for leisurely activities or spending more time with loved ones. However, the novelty of retire
As headteachers everywhere will be aware, the government have pledged £200m in funding to secondary schools looking to fund summer tuition. Evidence suggests that pupils who attend a summer school mak