Teaching Assistant required with experience of working with children with Autism.
- Possible long term work in local schools available
- Rewarding role supporting young people
- Supportive school environment
A client school is looking for a qualified level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant to support a couple of students with Autism in a primary school in Leicester.
DUTIES OF THE ROLE:
- Your role will involve participating in activities designed to meet the emotional, physical and learning needs of individual students and small groups of students with ASC.
- Assist in the planning, delivery & monitoring of individual education plan targets.
- Monitor students' responses to learning activities and encourage them to take an interest in their own learning.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with individual students and groups to ensure that students achieve their learning targets, and that inclusion is promoted.
- Interpret instructions to students to enable them to complete the task in hand.
- Support students at break/lunch time, providing structured activities to help develop social skills.
- Assist with the organisation of the learning environment and ensure adequate supplies of learning materials.
- Take responsibility for maintaining accurate special needs records in accordance with the school policies and data protection.
- Use a variety of methods to observe and report on student performance in group and individual situations.
- Assist with the implementation of individual behaviour management plans for students with ASC.
- Liaise effectively with parents regarding the development of their children.
- Produce learning materials and differentiated resources to help students with ASC access the curriculum.
TEACHING PERSONNEL WILL PROVIDE:
- Access to our CPD Academy with courses available such as Team Teach, NASEN & Ruth Miskin.
- A weekly wage that is competitive and paid on time.
- A dedicated consultant who is on hand to offer support and advice.
If you are interested in the role or know someone who is please contact Robert on 01162325200 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org