Key Stage 2 ( KS2 ) Year 5 teacher with a passion for educating and developing children.
- NQTs and FQTs invited to apply
- Full time position
- Fun, Friendly school with diverse community
This fun, friendly and exciting primary school located in Barnsley are looking to appoint an outstanding Key Stage 2 ( KS2 ) Year 5 teacher with a passion for educating and developing children.
The school’s vision is to provide an environment that is purposeful, inclusive and engaging, a diverse community where children grow into resourceful, independent learners who are equipped with all the skills they need to succeed in the modern world. The school aims to create an atmosphere where individual strengths are nurtured so that children can achieve at an outstanding level, resulting in this primary school becoming an outstanding school.
• Identifying clear teaching objectives
• Providing clear structures for lessons and, using a variety of teaching strategies, maintain pace, motivation and challenge
• Setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest
• Marking and monitoring pupils’ work and setting challenging learning targets;
• Assessing and recording pupils’ progress systematically
• Identifying SEN or very able pupils and meeting their needs
• Maintaining an effective atmosphere for learning and following the school’s Behaviour Policy
• Ensuring that all children enjoy equal access to an appropriate curriculum which enables them to achieve
• Evaluating their own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
• Ensuring effective partnership with staff supporting within and/or outside the classroom;
• Managing Teaching Assistants and volunteers in the classroom
• Developing and maintaining an appropriate classroom environment
• Contributing to the development of teaching and learning materials e.g. schemes of work
• Preparing informative reports to parents
• Attending parents’ evenings and other meetings (e.g. SEN meetings) as necessary.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary primary teaching experience please send Charlie your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org