Speech and Language Therapist required in Stockport Mainstream Primary Schools.
- Do you have a Speech and Language qualification and looking to work in education?
- 720 children in the Stockport LEA who are requiring speech and language therapy.
- Make a difference by delivering intensive sessions using a variety of techniques and technology.
Are you a speech and language therapist and looking to use your knowledge and expertise in a mainstream primary school supporting children with speech and language disorders?
Recent research has highlighted that there are currently 720 children in the Stockport LEA who are requiring speech and language therapy.
Early support makes a difference. Communication disorders carry the potential to isolate individuals from their social and educational surroundings so appropriate timely intervention is essential.
As a speech and language support assistant you will be responsible for delivering intense sessions using various technology and techniques:
• speak in clear, short, simple sentences
• simplify instructions
• support speech with visual prompts, signs or gestures
• use pictures/symbols to aid understanding
If you are interested in supporting and making a difference to a pupil with speech and language disorders then please send your CV to email@example.com or go to www.teachingpersonnel.com/register