Specialist Swimming coaches, lifeguards and individuals with hydrotherapy experience required for SEN settings in Greater Manchester
- Do you have hydrotherapy experience or are you a specialist swimming coach or lifeguard?
- Our 'SSS' programme provides SEN settings with highly experienced individuals
- You will work with pupils with ASC, PMLD, SLD and Complex Needs
Teaching Personnel's SEN branch in Manchester is hoping to recruit individuals who have hydrotherapy experience or are a specialist swimming coach or lifeguard. Our 'SSS' programme is ideally suited to pupils with ASC, PMLD, SLD & Complex Needs. Ideally, you will also have moving and handling training and be familiar with the use of hoists. However, if you don’t have this training but would like to achieve it, there may be an opportunity to complete it through Teaching Personnel.
You will provide a unique sensory and physical experience to individual pupils within a school's hydrotherapy pool. You may be booked on short-term assignments but as pupils are supported on a one-to-one basis we encourage schools to book SSS either on a part-time of full-time basis for at least one term.
We believe our ‘SSS’ programme provides the following benefits for the pupils in your care:
• Relief from pain, swelling, stiffness and joint mobilisation
• Promotion of relaxation
• Improved cardiovascular fitness, muscle strengthening, maintenance & restoration
• Increase in range of motion and improved circulation
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills to deliver the 'SSS' programme, please contact the Manchester SEN Branch or email your CV.