Graduate Teaching Assistant Positions - Greater Manchester
- £50 - £60 per day depending on previous experiences
- Fantastic opportunity to enhance future PGCE applications
- 1:1 and small group core subject interventions
Are you a graduate in English, Mathematics or Science and do you have experience working with children in a secondary school setting? Would you feel confident tutoring your subject up to GCSE level? If yes, then the Manchester Secondary Branch at Teaching Personnel would like to hear from you. We currently have opportunities throughout Greater Manchester for core subject graduates to join secondary schools in an intervention or learning support capacity.
These roles usually involve working with small groups of students who have been identified as working below their target grade. You will be required to support the students in lesson and sometimes it will be necessary to withdraw students from lessons to provide additional small group intensive support . You will need to liaise with the class teacher in order to plan, deliver and coordinate the support so the ability to work well with colleagues as well as young people is essential.
Suitable candidates will be:
• Educated to degree level and hold GCSEs or equivalents (C or above) in English, Maths and Science
• Experienced working with young people aged 11-16
• Available on a full-time basis
Successful candidates will benefit from
• A competitive daily pay rate of between £50 - £60
• Excellent experience relevant for teacher training application purposes
• A rewarding role with the opportunity to make a genuine difference to the lives of young people
If you are interested in this type of learning support work within secondary schools, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, call the Manchester Secondary office on 0161 242 1794.