Geography teacher Oldham
- Option to work on long term supply or fixed term contract initially
- Full time Geography post with career progression opportunities
- Oldham based school with solid public transport links (Tram station 10 minute walk)
Are you a Geography teacher looking for a permanent post from January 2017?
If so, please see details of our client schools post, teaching Geography full time from January onwards at a large Oldham mixed comprehensive. This is an excellent opportunity for a Geography teacher seeking their next permanent post in a school.
- MPS/UPS pay for 2016/17
- Excellent SLT with support for Humanities lead
- Collaborative approach to teaching and learning ensure pupil participation
Our client school is a large non-selective mixed comprehensive in Royton, which is currently oversubscribed with 1200+ students on roll. The school serves a diverse catchment area with a number of the students coming from the local areas of Royton and Shaw. The school supports a number of its feeder primary schools in accelerated literacy and numeracy programmes to ensure students are given all the tools to succeed. Since the appointment of the new Head, there have been significant changes in teaching and learning styles, promoting a climate for learning and ensuring students progress, attainment and achievement are at the forefront.
Requirements of this post;
- PGCE in Humanities i.e. History or Geography
- Previous experience teaching Geography at GCSE
- Experience in a post of responsibility within humanities will be highly desirable
If you are a qualified Geography teacher and would like to apply for this post confidentially, please apply within by sending a CV over to email@example.com or call Miles on 0161 242 1794.