Cover Supervisors required
- Cover Supervisors required
- Northumberland Schools
- Flexible working
We are currently recruiting Cover Supervisors to work in the Northumberland area.
Due to a growth in business, particularly in coastal Northumberland over the last academic year in, we have an unprecedented amount of opportunities for cover supervisors to work in schools across Northumberland. Cover Supervisor work is extremely flexile, depending on working schedules, including daily cover and fixed term placements
This position would be perfect for graduates aspiring to further their experience within the educational field, with possible prospects of applying for a PGCE in the future. Whether you are an experienced cover supervisor or an aspiring teacher with a PGCE place confirmed for September 2017/18 this could be a great opportunity for you. Working as a cover supervisor will present many challenges but also reward you with experience and the opportunity to develop your understanding of the national curriculum.
The role of the Cover Supervisor is to supervise classes during the short-term absence of the assigned teacher.
• Supervising work that has been set by a teacher.
• Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
• Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
• Collecting completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
• Reporting, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
If you would be interested in applying for the role of cover supervisor in Northumberland schools that please contact Rebecca at the the Northumberland branch of Teaching Personnel