Future Teacher Training Programme
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
FUTURE TEACHER PROGRAMME - FULL TIME - SHEFFIELD
Sheffield Secondary Schools (S10 & S2)
Start: TBC – Any interest will be passed over to our relevant team for immediate consideration
Teaching Personnel have an exciting new launch for all graduates of any year who are looking to start a new career within teaching.
This brand-new programme allows you to gain paid and highly supported experience within the school environment before committing to your ITT. This opportunity also provides you with the chance to have a whole year of your official teacher training paid for!
How it works:
- You register to Teaching Personnel after having an informative conversation with one of our specialist consultants
- Your information is then sent to our specialist FTP team
- You are assigned to a school that is relevant to your location, age groups and subjects
- You spend anything between a term – a whole academic year within that school as a paid ‘cover supervisor’ to gain valuable experience with insight to what it would be like to be a teacher in a school environment
- You then enrol onto your ITT and carry this out within the selected school who will support you with your studies (BENEFIT: This is salaried for a year through the FTP programme – In usual circumstances, you would not be supported financially!)
- Gain experience by covering lessons across all subject areas
- Develop your specialism by planning and delivering lessons in your subject area
- Develop insight by participating in pastoral aspects of school life.
- Access comprehensive and bespoke professional development
- Be part of a community of Future Teachers sharing your experiences in school
- Work with a mentor in your subject specialism providing support, feedback, and formal mentor meetings to reflect on your experience.
- The programme is structured into 3 core phases to ensure the programme is rigorous and sequenced.
We currently have multiple vacancies across Secondary Schools in the Sheffield area looking to be filled by pro-active, motivated, and hard-working individuals.
To be immediately considered, please click ‘apply now’ to send your CV and one of our consultants will be in touch within 1/2 working days.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has announced that all pupils in England will keep learning maths up to the age of 18. Estimates show that around 8 million adults in England have the numeracy skills o
TeaserTips and Advice
As history teachers, we appreciate the significance of the past and revel in events that have shaped the future. For many, it brings great joy to share this rich knowledge in the hopes that it w
A great music teacher can have a huge influence on a pupil’s love for a subject. Interesting and engaging lessons will increase the likelihood of a student applying themselves and developing a p
As headteachers everywhere will be aware, the government have pledged £200m in funding to secondary schools looking to fund summer tuition. Evidence suggests that pupils who attend a summer school mak
Teaching is one of the most enduringly popular career choices for university leavers, with an astonishing 13.5% of recent graduates securing jobs in this sector in 2016/17. And no wonder – becoming a
Engaging students is a key priority for any teacher, particularly in the STEM subjects where popularity has fallen in recent years. For biology teachers, there’s inspiration all around you – but it ca
Despite several months of uncertainty, the education system is poised to return to a new normal where supply teachers and teaching assistants are being welcomed back to the classroom. The government i
Despite his material being written more than 400 years ago, William Shakespeare’s work continues to be a core pillar of English classes the world over. This is particularly true in England, the birthp
GSCE season is upon us, with the new 9-1 grading system being applied to a further 20 subjects. While some expert recommendations have seen students cramming for as many as seven hours a day over the
The digital age is presenting students with new ways of learning – and indeed, new career options to explore post-study. But while the future for some students may be digital, the need for practical s