English Teachers Wanted
- Career development prospects
- Scope for management opportunities
- Competitive to scale
About the school
The school converted to become an academy in May 2013. It is a slightly larger than the average-sized secondary school with a small on-site sixth form. The vast majority of students in the sixth form are former students of the academy. Most students are of White British heritage. The proportion of disadvantaged students supported by the pupil premium funding is above average. The academy is currently undergoing significant changes to its leadership team.
Many roles and responsibilities are changing. A number of departments have had a new leader since the school became an academy.
About the role
As a Teacher of English you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within their subject area.
You will enhance young people’s futures by:
• Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
• Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
• Ensuring that ICT, Literacy and Numeracy are part of the teaching and learning experience of students
• Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards
All applicants must have a DBS which is registered to the update service, if not, you must be willing to apply for and obtain one as such.
If you feel you are eligible and qualified to apply for this role then pleas email an up to date copy of your CV to Harry at our Liverpool branch at firstname.lastname@example.org