Chemistry Teacher Required - Chesterfield
- Teach Chemistry up to Key Stage 5
- Work in an Ofsted rated 'Good' Science department
- 2 Term temporary contract, starting mid January 2017
Teaching Personnel are working with a school in Chesterfield who are looking to appoint a Chemistry Teacher for a fixed term from mid January 2017 until the end of the 2016/2017 academic year.
The role has arisen due to the incumbent taking a sabbatical for six months. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, motivated, forward thinking Science Teacher who can inspire and make a positive impact on the students.
You will be teaching Chemistry to Key Stage 5 as well as undertaking General Science Lessons as part of the departmental timetable for Key Stage 3.
If you are interested in this role then the successful candidate will be required to:
* Plan, prepare and teach General Science lessons at Key Stage 3 and Chemistry to Key Stage 5 (therefore a detailed knowledge of the curriculum is crucial)
* Participate in and organise relevant extra-curricular activities
* Assist colleagues within your department
* Monitor pupils progress and keep records of their development, as well as preparing them for external examinations & qualifications
To be considered for this role, you must hold:
* Qualified Teacher Status & eligibility to work in the UK
* A valid DBS (Teaching Personnel can facilitate a new DBS application if required)
* Relevant recent UK teaching experience
* A first degree in a science based specialism
If successful you will receive:
* A competitive daily rate
* Good standards of behaviour & a supportive leadership team
* A high quality continuing personal development plan
All applicants will be subject to Teaching Personnel’s compliance procedures. Due to time constraints interviews and lesson observations will be held as and when the right applications are received. If you have notice to give you are strongly advised to apply as the school will wait for the right candidate.
Should you wish to apply for this role please for an up to date CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 241 3341