TEACHING ASSISTANTS NEEDED FOR WORK ACROSS NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- CPD courses available; TeamTeach, Autism Awareness and NASEN Training.
Teaching Personnel are recruiting Teaching Assistants for a number of schools across Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. The majority of these schools cater for students on the Autistic spectrum. The schools we work with cater for students aged between 5-19 years old, and have a range of abilities from KS1 - KS4. Students will need support to help with communication difficulties.
Do you have the following skills?
• Team Teach training
• Level 3 or equivalent qualification
• Experience working in a school or residential setting with children of any age on the Autistic Spectrum
• Calm and patient personality which helps to enable students to become more independent and promote confidence and self-esteem
• Experienced managing challenging behaviour and implementing communication aids such as Makaton and PECS, for non-verbal students and those with impaired communication
• Confident to implement and follow Individual Education Plans and be willing to contribute to Education, Health and Care Plans with the support of the class teacher
• Be willing to get involved in extra-curricular activities including residential trips into the community
• Experienced assisting and supporting students to develop independence through vocational studies such as hygiene, cooking, shopping and budgeting.
• Experience supporting pupils on a 1:1 and whole class basis
If you're interested in applying, please contact Luke McDonald immediately on 0115 8456405 or email your CV outlining your recent Autism experience to firstname.lastname@example.org