Autism specialists required for ASC unit in Mackworth Infant School!
- Competitive rates of pay!
- Ongoing CPD opportunities including Supporting Children and Adults on the Autistic Spectrum, Team Teach and Moving and Handling
- Flexible working patterns
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of an enhanced resource 'Good' primary school in the Mackworth area of Derby (DE22). We are looking to recruit candidates with extensive experience working with Autism and challenging behaviour as the school have a high demand for staff both on a short term and long term basis.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
• Extensive experience supporting children on the Autistic spectrum, including those with challenging behaviour and communication difficulties.
• Level 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent
• Training and/or experience using Makaton, PECS and other forms of communication aids for students with impaired communication
• Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• Confidence to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams including school staff, parents, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
• Good understanding and knowledge of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum
This school is a 'Good' infant school which has 20 children with Autism in their enhance resource unit, which is then split into ability groups of 'low functioning' and 'high functioning' Autism. The children are in Early Years through to Year 2 and you will be expected to work with all age ranges. The school is based in Mackworth, Derby and has excellent resources for the children including a large playing field, outdoor recreational equipment and a sensory garden.
For additional information, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible. All candidates are subject to a DBS check and it is now mandatory for all candidates to register onto the Update Service at an additional annual cost of £13.