This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for part-time tutors to assist pupils who are not currently in mainstream education.
This role will include supporting children who have Special Educational Needs, or be a looked after child, or have just come into the country.
The tuition will consist of 1:1 two-hour block sessions for up to 10 hours per week, in both English and Maths. Tuition will need to take place in the Pupil’s home or a local Library as they currently do not have a school place.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience within SEN roles.
- A patient but resilient approach to teaching – this Pupil’s education needs may mean that they struggle to concentrate.
- Confidence in planning own sessions, tailoring the approach to the Pupil’s needs.
- Empathy – the Pupil may require pastoral support alongside teaching, to create a comfortable and safe environment.
- A 'Child Only' DBS registered on the Update Service, or willing to apply for one.
Working for Teaching Personnel includes:
- Access to a bespoke online tutoring platform.
- Access to free training programmes for further development, such as safeguarding and module training.
- Payment in house.
- Dedicated consultant to keep in touch with.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please contact Teaching Personnel with your current CV and we will be in touch
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The current teacher shortage is set to be one of the main challenges for the UK in 2023. The number of graduates entering the profession is decreasing, while the number of teachers leaving has in
Teaching can be an enriching and fulfilling profession. If you want to make a difference in someone's life, there is no better job than to teach. Like doctors, nurses and vets, teaching is more than