Teaching Assistant, Liverpool
- Science specialist
- Interest in working with pupils with ASC and SEMH
- Opportunity for professional development
Teaching Personnel are looking for an SEN teaching assistant to work in an Autistic School based in South Liverpool. The ideal teaching assistant will have experience working with and engaging disaffected children with low self-esteem who may suffer with some anxiety and or anger management challenges. It is preferable that you have a background in Science working with troubled young people or adults with autism and have worked in and educational setting. Your role will focus on providing the schools with an additional layer of supportive behaviour management in Science.
Our client school admits pupils with statements of special educational need in behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Each statement of special educational needs reflects the severity and complexity of these needs. Virtually all students are known to be eligible for free school meals, about one fifth are looked after children.
Our client has an extended day where students can take part in before and after school activities (School day is 8am – 4:30pm).
To be considered for this role you will:
• Assist in building self-esteem whilst encouraging the acceptance of personal responsibility and respect for others
• Enhance practical problem solving and teamwork skills, promoting a positive and knowledgeable response towards personal health and well being
• Facilitate training for a specific career or trade whilst maximising the opportunities for learning and achieving a positive academic outcome
Please call Celena 0151 285 4258 immediately to be considered for this role.