EAL Teaching Assistant role required in Croydon!
- Full time EAL teaching assistant role in a secondary school
- Working on a 1:1 basis with students from a variety of countries
- £55- 75 per day
“Students achieve well throughout the school and make good progress overall, and outstanding progress in English, Mathematics and Science” OFSTED 2014
“Students are keen to learn and there is a good work atmosphere in classrooms” OFSTED 2014
Our client is a school based who is seeking a Teaching Assistant specialising in working with EAL students.
They have had a recent intake in students from Afghanistan and require someone to work alongside these students to support them in their language development whilst working in a classroom setting. They require either one to one or small group support.
It is essential that the right candidate has a strong command of Pashto and the English language. It is also desirable that you have some school based experience either in a mainstream or SEN setting.
They aim to help their learners:
• To achieve the highest possible academic and personal standards;
• To grow in their understanding of themselves and the world around them;
• To respect and value others within the school and community;
• To prepare themselves for adult life including participation in a changing society.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience / languages please get in touch with Thomas at the London Secondary branch and send your CV to email@example.com today!!