Behaviour Teaching Assistants required in Barnsley
- Previous experience of working within a Pupil Referral Unit or similar setting
- Outdoor education experience i.e specialist degree , coach or instructor experience
- Resilient and proactive nature – willing to over come challenges that will occur daily when delving with children with behavioural difficulties
Here at Teaching Personnel, we are looking for experienced behaviour support workers, ex forces personnel, youth workers and mental health professionals. We need these experienced individuals to work in a behavioural setting based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. This is a highly rewarding opportunity to support and progress children with Social, Emotional, and Mental & Behavioural Difficulties.
The school focuses on one-to-one social and emotional support in the classroom and outdoor educational initiatives build pupils’ trust. This then leads to help unlock their potential to a happy, meaningful and successful adult life. The main aim for the school is that “learning matters for everyone” The ideal candidate will be able to show a creative flare within there personality and be able to integrate this in to the national curriculum to support the child’s learning. The school is based on an ethos of ‘unconditional positive regard’ were the staff provide authentic care and know each pupil individually. Pupils are supported in their learning with a focus on personalised pathways, appropriate curriculum and deserved outcomes.
We are looking for hard working and committed individuals who would be confident and happy working with challenging pupils in an educational setting. It is essential that you have experience in the following:
• Experience working with pupils with behaviour in an education, care or residential setting
• Firm understanding of the social, emotional and mental health needs of young people
• Be proactive and resilient to the nature of the job
A Team-Teach qualification or relevant qualification (e.g. MAPA) are highly desirable but not essential. The pay will range from between £60 a day to £80 dependant on experience. Teaching Personnel also offer a range of CPD courses including Team-Teach, Introduction to Autism and Moving and Handling and we are partnered with Leeds Trinity University who support us with upskilling all our candidates.