ASC Specialist Teaching Assistant required for a large school in Coventry
- Helping Students access the curriculum
- Join a hard working and dedicated team of practitioners
- Have good behaviour management strategies and be confident whilst working with challenging behaviour.
Experienced and Caring Level 3 or higher Teaching Assistants are required for a mainstream school within the Great Heath area of Coventry.
These roles require extensive experience and knowledge into Special educational needs.
You will be required to work on a 1:1 basis and in small groups working with children of a lower ability. Experience working with children with Autism, ADHD, Speech and Language problems, VI, HI and MLD is preferred.
The ideal SEN TA/LSA will have;
* A Level 3 or higher NVQ
* Experience with working with children with special educational needs
* A patient, caring and adaptable manner to deal with SEN pupils in an education setting
* To live in or around the Kings Heath area
* Qualifications such as Team Teach are an advantage
The successful teaching assistant would need to be available 5 days per week and hold extensive knowledge of supporting small groups and children on a one to one basis.
*Skills and experience required:
*You must have an NVQ Level 3
*You must have at least 6 months experience working in schools
*An enthusiastic, well-motivated and talented classroom practitioner
*An ability to inspire children, staff and parents alike
*Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
*A friendly caring nature
*The capacity to identify and target specific, individual needs
*Keen to learn and develop professionally
*Can create an environment that nurtures and stimulates positive attitudes, independence and an innovative approach to facilitating learning and teaching
If you are confident that this role is ideal for you, send your CV to email@example.com or call Claire on 02476 239009